Sunday, September 9, 2012

0 fig butter

Yummy, delicious figs.
Fresh, sweet, smooth adriatic figs straight from my in-laws' neighbors' backyard. I've never had fresh figs before. Does Fig Newtons count? HA! Probably not. So when I had the opportunity to try these little jewels, it was a real treat!
The neighbors are on vacation and my in laws are house sitting. There is sooo much fruit, we can only eat so much of it and it would be a sin to let it go to waste. So what do I do when life gives me figs?
I make fig butter.
After some researching and a failed attempt. I finally found the perfect recipe for fig butter.
Tracy from Our Simple Life blog has this wonderful recipe and I tell ya...
this is one recipe I will keep FOREVER. Like all good things, this will take time... about 6-8 hours. You will need a crockpot to slow cook your butter and as much as I want tell you the recipe, I think it's best for the chef, herself to share her treasure.
I made mine over night. Waking up Sunday morning to the glorious smell was heavenly. 3 thumbs up from Mr., Sophie and Lily Moon. As for Stella? 
She gives it a wink.
***


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips