Friday, November 9, 2012

6 Mugs 2&3 Done

I did say I would only make these for the fellas in the family for Christmas...
I should've known better.
I had a hard time finishing Mug #2, figuring out the style of hat and what kind of graphic could I use to describe her personality. It was only when she mentioned how she likes peacock feathers that I could finally finish it.
Ah... Mug#3...
I had fun with this one. He's a banker and yes ladies... he is single! This is my nephew... good looking, ay? Yup... it's in the genes. HA! I thought it would be fun to add a pipe and a bowler hat.
He's a watch man. Ugh... what a pain to paint a watch though. I think I could've done a better job, but this will do. I know-I know.. I'm my worst critic.
Okay, so as I said earlier I was going to make mugs for the fellas, but now there's a change of plans. So what was going to be only about 9 mugs has now just about doubled.
AAAAACK!!!
Have I lost my mind?! I'm a gluten for punishment. Seriously. So here's to late nights of painting, sewing, baking and decorating... 
yup... 
it's gonna be a great Christmas!
***

6 comments:

  1. are you free handing these?! that is incredibly impressive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AH... you found the tutorial. Now you can make some awesome ceramics...

      Delete
  2. These are great! Such a unique and personal gift idea. Love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh!! These are awesome. You have lucky people getting on your gift list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh man you're good! your truly are an artist. To be able to draw a person?? Crazy! They are going to love these! perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can meet your nephew? :-O haha love this idea! But seriously..

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips