Tuesday, November 13, 2012

11 My Anthropologie Owl Jar

Do I have this one?
*sigh*
No.
I wish.
I've seen them in the shop and I absolutely adore them... all of them. They have such a distinct personality, each one of them, but the price...
yikes!
If I had the extra moolah, I so would. Luckily working part time at a ceramic shop has its perks.
Say hello to my little friend!
We only had four of these beauties in the shop over the summer and I had to have one. It's a pretty big jar and so it sat atop our piano all white...no color. No life.
I had no clue what I wanted to do with this guy.
One day I had a fit. A terrible fit. Grumbling to myself... mad at the world... I had to vent and there he was. With his BIG ol' eyes staring at me. I went for it. No real plan.
It took the entire night and part of the next day to finish him and it took that long for me to settle down and be okay. Sometimes talking doesn't soothe my soul. I need to work with my hands to work on my inner self.
And it feels good.
When I look at him, I am reminded that every dark tunnel there is light at the end. That makes me smile.
Now I'm itchin' to bake!
***



11 comments:

  1. You painted it yourself?? You're brilliant! I like your jar way more than the Anthropologie one. Anthropologie's jar looks camp; yours looks vintage. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you An! I'm so happy how he turned out. Now I just need to fill 'em up with goodies!

      Delete
  2. I like your owl even better than Anthropolgie's! You are seriously talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yah, me too! :) Thanks Casey! Okay... your reindeer hat is too cah-ute!!!

      Delete
  3. i love him! I would swear you bought it, like this. THAT'S how awesome he is! Sooooo talented you are:) He so perfectly vintage looking and better than the anthro one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! :) I think some of my best pieces are ones I don't have a plan. Looking at him now... I kinda like him more than Anthro's ;)

      Delete
  4. I am loving all of your porcelin painting lately, but this guy takes the cake! love it Venus!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ditto--yours is way better looking than the anthro version. win win.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Yours is way cuter. I love it! And I love your place. Those chairs, I love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww... thanks! The yellow chairs were an awesome find on ebay years ago ( I LOVE them). :)

      Delete

Blogging tips